Mid-Michigan Women's Expo
Lansing MI Women's Expo - Lansing Center - Press Release
For Immediate Release
Contact: Denise Kolesar, Women’s Expo
Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo Returns to Lansing Celebrating 15 Years! Fashion & Style, Health, Fitness, and Home Ideas
will be focus of Show Slated for Feb. 6-8
Lansing, Michigan, January 6, 2015 – Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo returns to Lansing for its 15th year with features that will include women’s health, fashion, style, home ideas and fitness – and giving women something to feel good about.
Slated for Feb. 6-8, the 2015 Expo will feature products, services and seminars that aim to provide a weekend of education, entertainment and enjoyment for women. As the largest single consumer event for women in the region, the three-day Expo will host more than 275 women-owned and women-focused businesses and stage presentations, all held downtown at the Lansing Center.
This year’s lineup of exhibits, speakers and events will include:
• McLaren Greater Lansing, which returns as a sponsor. The health care corporation will host 21 booths and offer free healthcare screenings, including diabetes, blood pressure, sleep disorder, stroke risk assessments, body mass index and joint pain assessment, among others. Physicians and nurses will be available to answer attendees’ healthcare questions throughout the three-day show.
• Fashion Your Seatbelt with tips from fashion and beauty expert Andy Paige, returning to Lansing for her second visit. Paige is a charming New Yorker and sassy go-to gal when it comes to chic fashion fixes and budget beauty help. She will take the stage with a number of beauty solutions, including “10 Ways to Look 10 Years Younger,” “Frame Your Genius – Let Your Style Say It All” and “Help My Honey: He Can Look Hot with Just a Couple of Changes!” Paige is a designer and entrepreneur. She also will promote her patented GirlyGoGarter hands-free purse, which is worn neatly and discretely as a garter.
• Rock Your Hair featuring Michael O’Rourke, world-renowned LA celebrity stylist. O’Rourke will host a crazy and fun style feature at the Expo’s 15th anniversary celebration. O’Rourke will deliver big volume and share endless hairstyling techniques.
• Chef Michelle Bommarito, who has appeared on Food Network. Bommarito will share her passion for healthy eating by demonstrating quick and easy, nutrient-rich recipes to encourage overall health. Her workshops, which are sponsored by Capital Area District Libraries on the Meijer Healthy Living Cooking Stage, will include “Bring It Back to the Supper Table” and “Feeding Your Mind, Body & Spirit.” Bommarito will explain and demonstrate recipes, tips and techniques that will help attendees get energized.
• Meijer, Inc. returns with its popular Healthy Living Area and Cooking Stage. Meijer dietitian Tina Miller and other professionals will offer cooking tips, recipes for easy meals and other ideas and solutions for healthy family life.
• Start to Paint appears for the first time with painting class fun. Start to Paint instructors will offer step-by-step instructions and guidance in creating a unique painting.
• Go Red For Women Extravaganza. National Wear Red Day is Friday, Feb. 6. The Go Red For Women movement, in affiliation with the American Heart Association, will hold a Go Red Casting Call at the Expo. Local women will have a chance to share their story and become a Go Red For Women spokesperson. A Project Go Red presentation, coordinated by Lansing Community College fashion technology students, will showcase red fashions for women, men and children on Friday. Expo attendees are encouraged to wear red to show support for women fighting heart disease and National Go Red For Women on Friday.
“Women’s Expo is the equivalent of spring break for women,” said Denise Kolesar, president of Kohler Expos, which promotes the event each year. “It’s an opportunity to enjoy a fun-filled weekend with friends, focusing on feeling good and living well.
“For many women in Mid-Michigan, the Expo is a destination weekend that allows them to connect with friends and family while pampering themselves. Expo attendees will recognize familiar favorites and will get to know many new exhibitors as well. This Expo will feature a wealth of health information found nowhere else. In addition, on Friday Feb. 6, we will celebrate National Go Red For Women Day to raise awareness for women fighting heart disease.”
The Expo is slated to run 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 6, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 7 and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb 8. Advance tickets are $7 each and are available at all area Meijer stores. Admission at the door is $9 for adults and $7 for children ages 6-14. For more information, visit www.kohlerexpo.com.
As in previous years, the Expo’s Main Stage will feature live presentations on a variety of topics throughout the weekend while the Cooking Stage will focus on families and healthy eating. Local and regional experts will offer engaging and entertaining presentations and demonstrations on a variety of subjects, including fashion tips and tricks, hairstyling techniques, easy family-friendly recipes, healthy living and more.
Other highlights of this year’s expo include:
• A wide range of traditional and natural women's health and wellness services such as on-site massage therapy, chiropractic evaluations, spinal analyses, dermatology, orthodontics, dental, hearing and eye care and nerve scans
• Prevention services such as breast health, CPR, first aid and orthopedic footwear
• Beauty services and products, including cosmetic surgery, body contouring, body wraps, Botox, varicose vein management and skin solutions, teeth whitening, nail art, perfume, lotion and shea butter
• Vacation destinations, including Peacock Road Tree Farm and other Pure Michigan options from convention visitor bureaus around the state
• Exercise and fitness offerings, including physical therapy, fitness clubs, personal fitness training, exercise machines, medical weight loss and nutritional supplements
• Herbal products for natural healing, pain relief and weight loss
• Educational resources and advisors for finances, retirement, insurance, loans, mortgages, investments and tax planning
• Legal services specializing in family law, domestic and veterans affairs, estates and tax planning
• Home improvement and maintenance services for windows, siding, roofing, doors, gutters, insulation, hot tubs and spas, concrete resurfacing, basements, plumbing and floors
• Home accents and accessories, including candles, pain-free pillows, upholstery and monogrammed items
• Clothing and related services such as undergarments, bra fittings and post-mastectomy apparel
• Accessories such as jewelry, scarves, bags, hats, sunglasses, wigs, hair extensions and hair accessories
• Automobile sales and full-services repairs
• Home-based businesses, including Tastefully Simple, Pure Romance, Thirty-One Gifts and Jockey Person to Person
• Food that includes gourmet treats such as dips and sauces, cookies, chocolate, beef jerky, coffee, chai tea and hot chocolate
About Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo
Celebrating its 15th year, Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo offers a balance of education, entertainment and enjoyment in an event tailored for the lives of busy women. More than 275 women-owned and women-focused businesses will display a wide range of products and services targeted specifically toward women. The Expo also features demonstrations and presentations on such topics as healthcare and wellness, finances, business opportunities, beauty, fashion, education, travel, fitness and home remodeling. McLaren Greater Lansing is the main sponsor for this year’s Expo along with Capital Area District Libraries as Expo host. WLNS NewsCenter 6 and LSJ Media are media sponsors for the event. Additional information is available at www.kohlerexpo.com.
# # #