Mid-Michigan Women's Expo
Lansing MI Women's Expo 2014 - Lansing Center - Press Release
For Immediate Release
Contact: Denise Kolesar, Women’s Expo
Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo Returns to Lansing for 14th Year
Health, Home Ideas and Style Trends Will be Focus of Show Slated for Feb. 7-9
Lansing, Michigan, January 16, 2014 – Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo returns to Lansing for its 14th year focusing on health, home ideas, style trends – and giving women something to feel good about.
Slated this year for Feb. 7-9, the Expo features products, services and seminars that will provide a weekend of education, entertainment and enjoyment downtown at the Lansing Center. As the single largest consumer event for women in the region, the three-day Expo will feature more than 275 women-owned and women-focused businesses. Women will have the chance to hear national speakers, attend seminars and DIY presentations, connect face-to-face with physicians and other healthcare professionals, sample gourmet food and wine, get a massage or new hairstyle, explore vacation destinations and shop to their hearts’ content during Expo.
This year’s lineup of exhibits, speakers and events include:
• Something Pinteresting is Going On with Bungalow 47. The team will present quality, hand-painted new and vintage home decor and re-imagined vintage furniture, utilizing all natural chalk and clay paint. Demonstrations, painting classes and workshops will be held on-site during the Expo.
• Fun with Flowers and J with J Schwanke, who will be on stage every day to share tips, tricks and projects from his new book, “Fun with Flowers, a Guide to Selecting, Arranging and Enjoying Beautiful Flowers.” The book includes 42 projects, recipes and techniques for flower arranging along with stories, suggestions on tools, containers, flower care and much more.
• McLaren Greater Lansing, returning as an Expo sponsor again this year, hosting 20 booths offering free healthcare screenings including cholesterol, blood pressure, sleep disorders, diabetes and stroke risk assessments, body mass index, joint pain assessment and others. Physicians and nurses will be on hand to answer attendees' healthcare questions throughout the three-day show.
• Soaring Eagle Casino Area. Experience gaming entertainment at its best with Mid-Michigan’s leading gaming and entertainment destination. Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort will have door prizes and exclusive giveaways for Expo attendees. We welcome them as new sponsors to this year’s event.
• Meijer, Inc. will return with its popular Healthy Living Cooking Stage. Meijer dietitians Tina Miller and Melissa Hehmann will share cooking tips, recipes for easy meals and other ideas for healthy family life.
• Go Red For Women Day celebrated with a Red Dress Dash on Friday, Feb. 7. The national heart disease awareness initiative sponsored by Go Red for Women and the American Heart Association invites women to put on red dresses and stilettos, grab a team of friends and colleagues and walk, strut or stride to the finish line to bring awareness to heart disease, which kills more women annually than all cancers combined.
• The Masquerade Ball with the Miss Michigan Amazing Girl and Miss Pageant. A haute couture masquerade-themed fashion show will feature the 2014 Miss Michigan Amazing Girl and Miss Queens on Saturday. Be enchanted by royalty and high fashion as models grace the stage in high-end evening gowns.
• Miss Michigan Haley Williams will meet and greet guests of the Expo, sponsored by Dr Pepper.
“We have something for every woman this year at the Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo,” said Denise Kolesar, President of Kohler Expos. “Whether you are looking for inspiration, relaxation or to get help managing life’s details, you will come away from the Expo feeling refreshed, recharged and inspired.
“Many of our longtime favorites are back for this 14th show, while we also have many new exhibitors who will showcase the latest styles, innovative new products and trustworthy solutions.”
McLaren Greater Lansing, Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort and Case Credit Union are sponsors of the 2014 West Michigan Women’s Expo. This year’s media sponsors are WLNS NewsCenter 6 and LSJ Media.
The Expo is slated to run from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8, and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Feb 9. Advance tickets are $7 each and are available at all area Meijer stores. Admission at the door is $9 for adults and $7 for children ages 6-14. For more information, visit www.kohlerexpo.com.
As in previous years, the Expo’s Main Stage will feature live presentations on a variety of topics throughout the weekend while the Cooking Stage will focus on families and healthy eating. Local and regional experts will present engaging and entertaining presentations and demonstrations on a variety of subjects including home décor, Pinterest ideas, easy and family-friendly recipes, healthy living and more.
Other highlights of this year’s expo include:
• A wide range of traditional and natural women's health and wellness services such as on-site massage therapy, chiropractic evaluations, spinal analyses, dermatology, orthodontics, dental, hearing and eye care and nerve scans
• Prevention services such as breast health, CPR, first aid and orthopedic footwear
• Beauty services and products including cosmetic surgery, body contouring, body wraps, Botox, varicose vein management and skin solutions, teeth whitening, nail art, perfume, lotion and shea butter
• Vacation destinations, including Soaring Eagle, Peacock Road Tree Farm and other Pure Michigan options from convention-visitor bureaus around the state
• Exercise and fitness offerings including physical therapy, fitness clubs, personal fitness training, exercise machines, medical weight loss and nutritional supplements
• Herbal products for natural healing, pain relief and weight loss
• Hewlett Packard will showcase its Photo Creations, which are available at area Meijer stories
• Educational resources and advisors for finances, retirement, insurance, loans, mortgages, investments and tax planning
• Legal services specializing in family law, domestic and veteran’s affairs, estates and tax planning
• Home improvement and maintenance services for windows, siding, roofing, doors, gutters, insulation, hot tubs and spas, concrete resurfacing, basements, plumbing and floors
• Home accents and accessories including candles, pain-free pillows, upholstery and monogrammed items
• Clothing and related services such as undergarments, bra fittings and post-mastectomy apparel
• Accessories including jewelry, scarves, bags, hats, sunglasses, wigs, hair extensions and hair accessories
• Automobile sales and full-services repairs
• Home-based businesses including Tastefully Simple, Pure Romance, Thirty-One Gifts and Jockey Person-to-Person
• Food including gourmet treats like wine, cookies, chocolate, beef jerky, coffee, chai tea and hot chocolate
“Women’s Expo is the equivalent of spring break for women – it’s an opportunity to enjoy a fun-filled weekend with friends, focusing on feeling good and living well,” said Kolesar. “For many women in Mid-Michigan, this is a destination weekend that allows them to connect with friends and family – while pampering themselves.”
About Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo
Celebrating its 14th year, Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo offers a balance of education, entertainment and enjoyment in an event tailored for the lives of busy women. More than 275 women-owned and women-focused businesses will display a wide range of products and services targeted specifically toward women. The Expo also features demonstrations and presentations on topics including healthcare and wellness, finances, business opportunities, beauty, fashion, education, travel, fitness and home remodeling. The main sponsors for this year’s Expo are McLaren Greater Lansing, Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort and Case Credit Union. WLNS NewsCenter 6 and LSJ Media are media sponsors for the event. Additional information is available at www.kohlerexpo.com.
# # #